Click Here For Fast Cash!!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Amanda Bynes Reverses Decision to Quit the Biz
By Stephen M. Silverman

Amanda Bynes's message going into this weekend was brief: "I've unretired," the 24-year-old Tweeted – apparently reversing her month-old announcement that the funny everygirl on Nickelodeon's sketch comedy series All That and her self-titled spin-off had decided to leave showbiz.

"Being an actress isn't as fun as it may seem," Bynes wrote in June. "If I don't love something anymore, I stop doing it. I don't love acting anymore, so I've stopped doing it."

She added, "I know 24 is a young age to retire ... I've never written the movies and tv shows I've been a part of. I've only acted like the characters the producers or directors wanted me to play."

Reflection is nothing new to the Southern California native. Last December, she'd told Cosmopolitan magazine, "I'm at that stage where I'm still young and maybe naive, but I'm figuring it out."
Bynes can next be seen in the high-school comedy Easy A, due to open Sept. 17.




As the funny everygirl on Nickelodeon's sketch comedy series All That and her self-titled spin-off, Amanda Bynes was hailed as a young Lucille Ball, Gilda Radner and Carol Burnett mixed together. But as she blossomed into adolescence, it became apparent that Bynes not only had comedic chops but the leggy looks of a star.

After leaving The Amanda Show in 2002, the California native moved to primetime with Jennie Garth in the WB sitcom What I Like About You. After four successful seasons, Bynes left with a film career on the up. She headlined teen hits What a Girl Wants and She's the Man before playing Penny Lou Pingleton in the blockbuster movie-musical Hairspray with Zac Efron and Queen Latifah.

No comments:

Post a Comment